- Receipt of Accounts from the Treasury and District Accounts Offices.
- Distribution of vouchers among respective sections, received with the monthly accounts.
- Dispatch of Monthly Civil Accounts, prepared by DPU.
- Pre-audit of bills pertaining to group insurance, benevolent funds, income tax, and the Zakat Fund.
- Working Sheets (public accounts) received from the Report Section are filled in and returned to the Report Section.
- Preparation of Manuscripts of Finance and Appropriation Accounts Preparation of a Broad Sheet of cheques and bills preparation of a list of outstanding cheques. Maintenance of the chartable endorsement fund.
Loan & Deposit Section:
- Personal deposits.
- Revenue Deposits.
- Civil and criminal court deposits.
- Chief Settlement Commissioner.
- District Council Fund.
- Municipal Council Fund.
- Other (miscellaneous) Funds.
BA (Works) Section:
- Issuance of cheque drawing powers to the temporary Public Works Division in Sindh Province.
- Receipts of Public Works Department paid-up cheques from the District Accounts Offices and Treasury Offices in Sindh and their posting in the Broad Sheets
- Public Works Department remittance’s posting.
- Notification of Budget regarding House Purchase/House Building Advance/Motor Car Advance/Motor Cycle Advance (in-turn or out-of-turn basis)
- Notification of outside budget sanctions.
- Preparation of Appropriation Accounts.
CBC (Cash Balance Cell):
- Reconciliation of Cash (Accounts and Bank Balance)
- After the closing of the financial year and on receipt of the re-appropriation orders from the Finance Department, the Grants of the heads are prepared and sent to the Finance Department for their acceptance.
- After acceptance grants of the heads by the Finance Department, the fresh grants are prepared and sent to the pre-audit and accounting sections for filling in the actual expenditure showing savings and excess.
- After receiving back from the Pre-Audit/Accounting section for filling up details of actual expenditure and saving/excess, fresh grants are prepared once again. After necessary scrutiny, they are typed with due accuracy and sent to the Report Section for inclusion in the Appropriation Accounts of the year.
- Figures in the BM Forms are also filled in upon receipt of the same.
Maintenance of inwards and outwards settlement/PS and DAO suspense accounts, which are received from other offices.
Fund Co-ordination-I (FC-I) Section:
- Debit vouchers and credit schedules are received from the Treasury Offices.
- This section sorts through the above, and the same is forwarded to the concerned GPF Section.
- Maintance of a Consolidated Broad Sheet of Debits and Credits, Issues orders, circulars regarding the GPF final payment, advance, and adjustment.
- Yearly rate of interest is communicated to the concerned GPF sections.
- Allotment of GPF Account Numbers.
- Collection of the Zakat Fund.
- Maintenance of journal entry at the end of the financial year.
- Maintenance of the Broad Sheet and Detail Book.
- Prepares the monthly GPF final payment report to the Controller General of Accounts, Islamabad.
Fund Co-ordination-II (FC-II) Section:
- Maintenance of old ledger cards of SED accounts up to 1977–78.
- Maintenance of old ledgers of SED accounts up to 83–84.
- Transfer of balances of SED accounts up to 83–84 to PF-III–IV and PF-V on requisition for final payment or for transfer of balances to DAOs in Sindh.
- Keeping the remaining insurance policies of the Education Department and their return to the subscriber for re-assignment from the concerned GPF section.
- Maintenance of the index register of the Education Department (SED) up to 1983–84 and the index register of KAR and the S.Mic.
GP Fund Payment Sections:
The above sections of the GP fund perform the following tasks:
- Pre-audit or post-audit of GPF bills of Police Department.
- GPF final payment cases are finalized, and transfers of GPF balances to other District Accounts Offices.
- Maintenance of Broad Sheets of Debit Vouchers and GPF Credit Schedules received from the FC-I Section.
- Issuance of GPF Accounts Slips.
- Posting of debits and credit figures in the ledgers and broad sheets.
- Posting of GPF balances received from the other District Accounts Offices through seal authorities.
The following Pension sections are detailed with the Sindh Govt. departments mentioned under each section.
- Education Department
- Irrigation Department
- Board of Revenue (BOR)
- Services and General Administration Department (S&GAD)
- Police Department
- Labour Department
- Anti-Corruption Establishment
- Livestock and Fisheries Department
- Local Government Department
- Agriculture Department
- Excise and Taxation
- Home Department.
- Information Department.
- Health Department.
- Printing Press and Stationery
- Issuance of Pension Payment Authorities to the Forest Department
- Transfer of pension within the previous country and foreign pension sealed authorities of pension contribution.
Pension Special Cell (PSC) Section:
- Restoration of Gratuity/Commutation and Family Pension cases of all departments of the Government of Sindh retired up to June 30, 1986, is being dealt with in the PSC section.
- Post-Audit of Pension Vouchers of Karachi Treasury.
- Accounts work.
- Objection Book Register of All Treasuries.
- Reports and returns to the TM Section and CGA, etc.
- Audit of the PPO Register
- Receipt and cancellation of old PPOs
- Preparation of a list of pensioners who have attained the age of 70 years.
- Receipt of half-yearly report from Treasury in respect of pensioner not drawing. Pension for a long time.
- Refund: excess recoveries of pension contributions.
The under mentioned tasks are performed by the all Pre-audit section.
- Pre-Audit of Pay and Contingency
- Issuance of pay slips, service statement and last pay certificate to the gazetted officers.
- Loans and Advances
- Leave Admissibility Certificate.
- leave Encashment payments.
- Maintenance of the objection book for loans and advances.
- Issuance of Authorities.
- Preparation of Accounts.
- Fixation of Pay of gazetted Officers on the revised Pay Scale issued by the Government from time to time.
- Maintenance of the Opening Balance Book (OB) Advance
The following Pre-audit sections are detailed with the Sindh Govt. departments mentioned under each section.
Civil Administration-I (CA-I)
Civil Administration-II (CA-II)
Civil Administration-III (CA-III)
Civil Administration-VI (CA-VI)
Civil Administration-V (CA-V)
- Disciplinary case
- Posting transfer of AAOs, AAGs, and DAGs
- Pension cases are finalized.
- DAO Budget
- GPF of AG Sindh employees
- Appointment, Promotion, and Selection Grade of Staff and Officers
- Preparation of a seniority list of staff and officers
- All cases of AAOs, excluding pension cases.
- Sanction of the G.P. Fund to staff up to B-16 and Final Payment of gazetted Officers
- Cases regarding Association
- Disbursement of salary to non-gazetted staff
- Preparation of bills for different payments to the non-gazetted staff.
- Leave cases for non-gazetted staff
- Maintenance of Broad Sheets of Loans Advance of this office (Recovery Watch Register)
- Maintenance of GPF for Class-IV employees of this office.
- Preparation of an amendment form for computer correction and verification of amendments in the computer pay roll
Verification of services in the service book of non-gazetted staff of this office from the pay bill and Audit Register.
Cheque Section (Pre-Audit Cheques):
Certainly, issuing pre-audit checks after approving claims is a common practice in accounting and finance, and it's directly related to a role as an accounts officer with expertise in accounting.
Data Processing Unit (DPU):
Function The Data Processing Unit is responsible for accurately and efficiently entering financial data into the accounting system. It is the primary function of a data processing unit to input data into the organization’s computer systems. This data can include transactions, invoices, payroll information, and more.
Data Control Cell (DCC):
- The Data Control Cell is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and reliability of financial data. This involves performing quality checks and audits on data entered into the system.
- Data Verification: Verify that the data entered into the accounting system matches supporting documentation, such as invoices, receipts, and bank statements. Any discrepancies or inconsistencies should be investigated and resolved.
- Internal Controls: Establish and maintain internal controls to prevent fraud and errors in financial data. This includes segregation of duties, authorization procedures, and regular audits.
Treasury Manual (TM) Section:
- Quarterly Report of Simplicity of Form and Procedure
- Quarterly Report regarding delay in recoveries of government dues and staff orders, etc.
- Monthly Report regarding the updating of employee accounts in long-term advances
- Monthly report regarding the expenditure of the development scheme under R-Loans advances.
- Monthly Information System (MIS) Report
- Inspection of this office made by the Auditor General of Pakistan’s representative and correspondence in this regard
- All matters and correspondence relating to the rules and orders of the Federal Government
- All matters and correspondence relating to the rules and orders of the Provincial Government
- Rules and orders regarding GPF Zakat, Usher, and correction slip of the new budgetary classification manual
- Opening of Personal Ledger Accounts (PLAs) and allotment of Drawing Disbursing Officers, code numbers
- Audit Report on the central auditing accounts furnished by the Director General (DG) Audit Sindh, Karachi
- Court Cases, Wafaqi Mohtasib, i.e., federal, provincial, and government complaints.
- Statutory Audit by the Director General (DG) Audit Sindh, Karachi
- Establishment of DAOs in Sindh and review of work Annual report regarding the sanctioned and working strength of DAOs in Sindh
- Correspondence and issue of instructions regarding the closing of the financial year.
- Verification of the basic pay of the employees as per the national pay scales announced by the government of Sindh from time to time in respect of government servants.
- Basic pay verification of non-gazetted staff of various departments of the Sindh Government.
- Receipt of pension papers and GPF final payment cases of Sindh government employees for initial paper scrutiny.
- Receipt of Final Payment (GPF) bills from the PAC Check Section for onward transmission to the concerned section.
- Receipt of immediate and Wafaqi Mohtasib letters and complaints.
Receipt and Dispatch Sections:
- To receive out-of-door dak, ordinary or under registered cover, and to make entries of letter numbers in sectional diaries thereafter dak is disbursed to the concerned functions through TR.
- Like wise, the letters received from the concerned function of the office are dispatched to the concerned corners after the necessary entries in the diary.
- GPF Final Payment Authorities duly sealed are entered in a separate register and dispatched to the relevant address.
- The record of stationery is also under the supervision of the R&D section.
- Blank cheque books are supplied to the check function and to all Treasury Offices and District Accounts Offices of Sindh and Sindh House Islamabad. Proper records are maintained in stationery under the supervision of AO (R & D).